Unfortunately, at this point, there is no known or approved medical cure for gout. Researchers have spent countless hours in research but have not yet found any cure, preventive measures are well known and have been proven effective but gout cure is still out of the question.
Due to the popularity of this disease people have been looking for alternative solutions to combat the problem, hence, some considered gout cure have been known to the public because of its positive effects to patients.
Possible Cures For Gout
- Cherries – More and more people are giving testament that cherries actually relieve gout and actually cures it. Cherries are rich in anthocyanins and this helps prevent gout attacks.
- Anthocyanins have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce pain and inflammation. Researchers have found out that 25mg of anthocyanins helps shut down enzymes that causes tissue inflammation.
- Vitamin C – Is a well-known anti-oxidant that increases uric acid excretion through urine and helps reduce the level of uric acid in the blood. Research shown that between 500mg and 8g of Vitamin C per day gradually lowers the level of uric acid in the blood, therefore preventing gout from recurring. However, in some cases Vitamin C may actually trigger a gout attack. So it is advisable to consult your doctor first before taking Vitamin C and considering it a gout cure.
- Charcoal – Another remedy that is considered by many to be a gout cure. Yes! Charcoal, but its not like the charcoal where you grill your barbecue with. It’s a medical grade charcoal. It actually lessens the pain and inflammation by letting the chemicals, released during a gout attack, stick to its carbon particles. Charcoal may be taken orally by mixing it with water or you can just soak the affected joint in a warm charcoal bath.
- Water - cleanses our body by flushing out toxins and free radicals as well uric acid. The more you urinate, the more uric acid is flushed out of the body.
If researchers will ever find a gout cure? We don’t know. All of us surely hope so. However, before that day comes, prevention is our best defense against gout attacks. Preventive measures have been proven to be effective by gout patients as well these considered gout cures. Your knowledge about how this disease affects us will be your great ally in avoiding any future gout attacks.