Home Remedies for Gout
If you are a sufferer from gout then you will know just how excruciating the pain from this terrible form of arthritis is. It can become tiring taking all those medicines and drugs that are prescribed by the doctor. Some people choose to try alternative methods for their pain relief in the form of home remedies for gout.
There are many different types of home remedies for gout that are available for your use. It can become extremely frustrating if are a suffer to find the correct home remedies for gout. The best thing that you can do is to keep trying each and every home remedy you can. Eventually your efforts will pay off and you will be sure to find a remedy that is highly effective for you.
Gout Home Remedy Foods
- Apples are a great relief from the disease they have natural antioxidants inside that help to cleanse the body and get rid of the uric acid from your system. It is recommended to eat an apple with each and every meal.
- Bananas - studies have found that bananas are extremely effective in treating gout. It is said that eating ONLY bananas over a period of 3-4 days can help to relieve suffers. It’s not a good diet for your palette though as you will find yourself eating 8-9 bananas per day for 3-4 days! That’s more than your average monkey.
- Limes are a great natural remedy for gout the vitamin c found inside limes is known to prevent, and even cure sore painful joints. Limes help to strengthen the tissue joints in the body. The citric acid found inside limes is a solvent of the uric acid which is the primary cause of the disease. If you squeeze half a lime ad add it to a glass of water twice daily, this is said to be a great relief from gout.
- Cherries – The fruit of relief for gout sufferers, it has been proven that by drinking cherry juice, eating cherries and anything to do with tthe small red fruit in fact help’s to bring down the swelling, and pain that is brought on by the gout.
- Celery seeds help to stop gout from attacking; they also have many other benefits. The seeds in the celery when taken in extract form can help to reduce inflammation, calm muscle spasms and fight bacteria that gout sends off.
- Extract of juniper is rich in antioxidant flavonoids. By taking a 2,500 mg capsules 2 or 3 times per day for the start of your juniper extract treatment. Then after the pain relief has subsidised, taking 1 capsule per day will give gout sufferers excellent pain relief.
It is important to remember that while using the above methods, for some gout suffers they are proven to help. However they will not be effective for everyone. It’s necessary to keep up regular visits with your doctor to monitor your gout.